Thursday 2 February 2017

On my Bookshelves

These are the books I have on my coffee table this month.

I change them out on the first day of the month. I do love books --and I do have lots of them.
So every month I make new selections and put them at my fingertips.



I like to look at gardening books in the deep freeze months.

I have been keeping track of how many fictions I have read this year. I am at 8 already for January. I guess its been a long cold winter--and trips to the library have been frequent. I have been using my online accessibility to reserve books at my library and them I go to pick them up.  It kind of keeps me a little bit more on track--rather than being enticed by a good cover when I see it. I get to read what its about before I choose.

My favourite book for this month's fiction list was Celeste Ng's What I Didn't tell You. It's about a family coming to terms with the death of the favoured teenaged daughter.
I also read three books by Ann Tyler last month. The Good House, Out-takes from a Marriage and The Children.  And I liked them all.

I am planning to re-read Burial Rites by Hannah Kent this month. It's been flitting through my thoughts for a while and I think I want to read it again.

Thanks for stopping by
karenwhoisheadingouttothelibrarywhilethesunisshining






No comments:

Post a Comment