Tuesday 26 May 2015

Here in Italy

Hello everyone.  Well I am enjoying myself so much in Italy.  The Verona Tessile is certainly well organized and a welcome site in Verona.  Posters and ads are everywhere.  Our host and fearless leader Sandra Reford has thought of everything to make us feel welcome and comfortable in Verona!
There are only 10 Canadians on this trip, two of which have pieces in the show.  Coral Jewel (a great name) and myself. What a proud moment it was for me to see my piece hanging in the show!
The ideas and visions in my head are overwhelming!  I can see that I will not lack for future pieces to emerge .
The food, the architecture, the art and the very stylish people, and the smell of Jasmine everywhere will be planted securely in my mind forever!
The artist's that I have met and the exchange of ideas is extremely exciting.
I am here for another week, then off on a cruise until June 7. I can't wait to get home to my studio and work, work, work!  I should say play, play, play!
The first day with my fellow Fabrigos will be extremely exhausting but exciting at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment