Friday 13 February 2015

Book review

Hi everyone, Karen here!



One of the things that I would like to do in this blog is review books that I am reading. The latest book on my shelf is Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit Learn it and use it for life.
published by Simon and Schuster publishing house.

Twyla Tharp is one of America's greatest choreographers. In her 40 year career she has created more than 130 dances for her company as well as world famous Ballet companies. She has won two Emmy awards and a Tony award for her work.

One of her main philosophies is that one should develop rituals and routines in everyday life. One can learn to develop creativity by repeating and planning. "Planning lets you impose order on the chaotic process of making something new."

I am so bad with ritual and routine. I never am able to do the same thing every day and I can see where it has caused stress and panic in my life and my artwork. I am almost always rushing at the last minute in order to finish work for a deadline. BUT I am really trying to change this.

One of my new routines is to post on this blog. Friday is going to be Book review day-for me at least, and hopefully my fellow fabrigos will join me.

In Al's initial post he writes about how happily we four have come together and how much better we all are for it. I concur. Our creative energy has really grown for all of us. We all urge our fellow readers to seek out your own little group of artists.

Read a few books like Twyla Tharp's to help get the creative juices running and head out on a journey.

Love, Karen

P>S> Happy Friday 13.


No comments:

Post a Comment